Saturday, July 9, 2011

Reflection # 24 It's odd, but really not so much.

It's odd, but really not so much
By Mary K. Mennenga

That the same Mother raised, my brother's and me
We each had a unique, independent, relationship with her
She raised us to be: independent, unique, individuals
We are that for sure! We do share a few similarities
One look at us will leave no doubt we are her children
In the words we say what we do and the way we treat others
It's easy to see how much we love her
Being raised to be independent our similarities do end
Each of us see, react and deal with life differently
She didn't raise us to be like her or anyone else
She didn't give each of us all the same tools
Rarely did she give us the answer for a question
Instead she gave us the tools to find our own answers
The answers she gave seemed to come with more questions  
By giving each one the tools she felt we needed
So we could be who we were meant to be
Her peals of wisdom were just that
We don't talk or get to together often
Much of what we did do was because we loved her
We are who she raised us to be
Independent and self-sufficient
She was proud of us
For staying true to ourselves
And for finding our own path to happiness
I was and will always be my Mom's baby girl
One day I hope to be known's as my Brother's Sister  

2 comments:

Travelogue for the Universe said...

This really makes sense to me...nice. mary

Mary Mennenga said...

I'm sorry for not responding to your comment, I think we are the only two who it makes sense to. Thank You so much. Mary