Friday, November 19, 2010

A gift Mom made

I've learned since my mother passed away
That she has given me a gift
I didn't know she had been making for me
 Or that she had started it even before I was born
Now whenever I think of her
I can feel the blanket she made
Of love surrounding me
Best part about is that I am not alone
I know she made one for everyone who loved her
Because that's the way she has always been
Mom didn't love anyone the most
Mom only loved them longer
That's all!
As for my brother's and me
She was the first person to love us
Even before we were born

I truly believe Love is the most powerful emotion.
Because of it's ability to heal the soul.   

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet I enjoyed it. love heals and hate kills and it's a fine line between the two strongest emotions we have

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this. It is honestly beautiful. What an amazing mom you were blessed with.

Mary Mennenga said...

Laura, She was a blessing, that I thank God for everyday. Mary