Monday, May 23, 2016

My second Birthday to fall on Mothers day.


This time I spent it here at home, walking Nacho and just hanging out at home. It was a good day, many people wished me a Happy birthday on Facebook, that was nice. One friend put a nice looking cake, another had a bit of fun with a cake with candles on it burning in a way that looked like huge fire. Sad part was the Fire in Canada, it gave us some colorful sunsets, I did take some pictures.




Didn't see the smoke until after the sun was on the other side of it, last I heard it's under control not sure if it's out or not.



Nacho loves the nice long walks we've been taking, not a fan of having his picture taken. He is a sweet dog being a big black dog does not stop him from making new doggy friends. Nacho still points at the rabbits he see's, I say "leave it" most of the time we move on our way. 

At this point Birthdays are reminders of the history I've witnessed. My goodness how things have changed, not all for the good or bad. Life is so different now, in someways it's harder to tell what's real.
Reading the label on a loaf of bread at the store, should it still be called bread, when flour isn't one of the first 4 ingredients? Did my own test on a loaf after 2 weeks passed it's use by date, didn't show any signs of mold, another 2 week later no change. Week 5 the bag was wet still no sign of mold! Sorry that's not bread, Now I get bread where it's made fresh every day!  

3 comments:

kmilyun said...

Well, not watching facebook I missed wishing you a Happy Birthday on time. Happy Birthday!!

Nacho is still a cute guy. Mother nature still can put on a fabulous show, and bread . ... I am not so sure of either.

Jan

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I am really late wishing you a happy birthday! Nacho is pretty. I agree with the preservatives they put in bread, when I buy fresh I am surprised by it going bad sorta fast...but it is way better!

Mary Mennenga said...

Jan and Kim, Thank's for the B-day wishes. The bread we now keep, low moisture box in refrigerator, all my veg's drawers are full of Healthy stuff.