Monday, March 28, 2011

Learning... With a small prayer

Learning is the one thing I never want to stop doing. Needing to step outside myself, to challenge what I think I know,  understanding that I don't know what I don't know. Yes if you think about  how could anyone. Unless I think about questions about what I've been told the facts are, I really don't know. The only thing I know is what one person believes the facts are from the research they have done. Anyone can find fact's to reinforce what they think and feel the truth is because it was what they were looking for!

With all research if I only look for what supports what I think and feel is the right answer and don't examine all sides equally, I don't believe finding the truth can be done. Even when I do believe I've found the truth, it's still only how I interpret the information I've learned. As with all things in life it's breaks down to, every individuals right to decide what they believe the truth is for themselves. When we disagree and we will, have and do disagree what the TRUTH IS. We can continue to pass judgment on one another or learn that because every person is not the same. That by working through our differences together with understanding instead of judgement and hate. To stop using scapegoating and or blaming one for another misfortune or by casting one group of people aside because some believe they have and are of no real value and aren't worth what it will cost to help them. Is this the kind of world anyone has wished for or wanted to see come to pass? For me history is written every day, so I can not judge it. Because I'm apart of what it will become as are all of us.

It will be many generations in the future that will be doing the judging. Because they will have seen what the fruits of our choices had become.  As we have learned from history so shall they as well.

So all I'm able to do is pray: Dear Lord, Thank you for this day and for all the ups and downs that it will bring. So I can continue to learn that it's by your grace I'm free. Teach me how to put other's first, to show kindness and understanding always, as you know I do my best but I will fail and fall-short from time to time. Lord help me to remember that I'm flawed and unqualified to stand in judgement of other's and to leave the judging to thee. When this day comes to it's ends please lord grant me rest, thank you lord for giving me this day it was a gift and I hope you'll grant me one more, if not I'll leave with no regrets, either way I'll see you when I wake. Amen   

No comments: