Friday, October 16, 2015

A Memory of Mom

 
A Memory of Mom
By Mary K. Mennenga

As I was doing laundry the other day, I heard a sound making me feel both sad yet comforting at the same time. I didn't understand how or why, it was affecting me so strongly. Went down to fold my last load of laundry. Grabbed a tee shirt laid it out and realized, it was me. All the memories came flooding back, of taking my Mom to the laundromat to do her washing. A great time saver, while doing her washing we spent time chatting, in no time we were folding clothes, my memory of  hearing her tapping out wrinkles using her finger tips, then packing up to go home or out for lunch. It all makes sense I'm  folding the same way Mom did, by tapping out the wrinkles using my finger tips. My hands are weak and Mom's were old. 

Mom been gone for years now, her words of wisdom and love are still with me and always will. I realize how lucky I've been, having had my Mother as my best friend. I don't miss her often because, I feel her love all around me. With so many great memories, of and about her along with my whole family. When our whole family gets together it's easy to feel her peaceful presence of love around all us.

When we allow a person into our heart
The love and memories shared
Stay with you always
    

1 comment:

Travelogue for the Universe said...

Moms are like that..beautiful sentiments....happy fall. mary