Wednesday, January 12, 2011

# 2 of reflections My Dearest Love

My Dearest Love
By Mary K. Mennenga

It was love at first sight
Our love and bond deepened with each passing year
It didn't matter if I was gone for minutes or hours
Your greeting showed how much you loved me
When I had chores to do you tried to help but being all paws you weren't much help at all.
With you by my side every chore was easier and much more fun to do
You could always make me smile with the funny things you would try to do 
Our time together had come to an end as we knew it would
It's not goodbye instead I'll see you later my friend
Even though we didn't always understand what the other tried to say I understood
A love that given without condition and judgement is a gift we give ourselves that sets us free.

No comments: